Monday, July 5, 2010

The Experience of Kidult Youth Leadership Conference

Here are the thoughts of a Panelist and Attendees of the Inaugural Kidult Youth Leadership Conference! Thanks for sharing your experience with Philly In The Know!!!

Click here to see the experience for yourself!

"The Kidult Youth Leadership Conference was everything I expected and more. First and foremost, the venue selection was impeccable. Walking into the Sheraton right in the heart of Manhattan felt like I was in a movie or entering a big business deal. The vibe was right, the hotel was packed with kids and I was set up with a VIP room with the other speakers. In this room, I met some very influential people, contacts I will continue to be in touch with and even do business with. I enjoyed the first couple speakers and when it was finally my turn to speak, I felt like it was my duty share something special with the kids. After all I had flown across the country for the opportunity and I would not leave without shining my light on the conference. My panel was early in the morning so there were some kids that looked sleepy but by the time we got into the crux of the topic “How to Turn Your Ideas Into Money Makers” necks were stiff and eyes wide open. Luckily, I had some animated characters on my panel to help the process, cough cough Hezekiah Griggs! I was happy with the set of questions we were asked and I think the other panelists and I shared some amazing things on that stage. I didn't realize the effect of my words while in the moment, but after I got off stage a sizable group of the kidults lined up to congratulate me and speak with me. I really enjoyed the whole experience and many of the kids have stayed in touch with me. I have been knighted a forever K!dult!"
Charles Fyffe, Kidult Panelist, CEO Charlie's Brownies, President Artistic Grassroots Latter (AGL) http://twitter.com/Fyffedom


"The Kidult Youth Leadership Conference was an amazing beginning to something that is destined to be around for a very long time. There were more than 500 determined, creative, and ambitious youth all in one room seeking guidance and tools for being a successful leader. The conference featured some very influential speakers and panelists whom touched the hearts of many of us who attended the conference. Everyone took something from it whether it was the powerful words of a new mentor or the memories of having a "Hot N' Fun" time with Kidult founder Pharrell Williams. It blows my mind that this was only the first year. I can only imagine how much greater the movement will be in the future. If you weren't in attendance make sure that you get hip to the Kidult movement today! Don't hear about it next year...experience it for yourself!" Ivan "Zay" Bradley, Earstyle Ent., Philadelphia http://twitter.com/earstylexzay

"Thanks to some fundraising and sponsorship, myself and fellow Jr. Music Executives were able to attend this monumental event. Many of the kidults were high school students from all over the world! It was nice to see a room full of driven young people. I attended the conference to network, not just with the kidults but with the speakers and mentors as well. I got a chance to talk with Datwon Thomas, Simone "Boss Lady" Kapsalide, and Marc Byers, outside in the lobby. After being impressed by what I have been doing and the moves I've been making, they told me to keep grinding and to use their names around our mutual acquaintances. That was good to hear, as many connects I can make is always good! What I was most impressed and enlighten with was when Dr. Steve Perry spoke! I was already astonished by the fact he had his own school, and did it pretty much on his own. But when he spoke he placed so much encouragement and ideas over all the kidults, it was refreshing! So will leave you with some of his quotes, "We aren't all Leaders and Winners, that's the reality of life." "Tomorrow isn't promised, so I'm the now, not the future!" "Everything you do has to better others. When that day comes, you will have to answer the question, what have you done to help others" Angeline Campbell Atlantic Records/Top Notch Inc., Philadelphia http://twitter.com/msangeline

No comments:

Post a Comment